We surveyed 1,001 millennials who plan to purchase back-to-school necessities online to understand why they prefer shopping on desktop and mobile sites and apps.
- 1 in 10 will purchase all of their back-to-college shopping online.
- Millennials prefer online shopping over shopping in store because they can drink while shopping (10%), don't have to wear pants (24%), and don't have to deal with people (36%).
- Fast, free shipping is important to millennials.
- The top reason millennials don't shop online is shipping fees.
- Most back-to-college shoppers will only purchase from 1-3 retailers.
- 1 in 4 expect to get everything they need from Amazon, Target, and Walmart.
Get the Back to College 2016: Online Shopping Trends survey highlights.