To understand how holiday shoppers expect to browse and buy gifts this year, we surveyed 1,000 shoppers and found that people will purchase more gifts online this year than they have in the past.According to the survey:
- 96% of people surveyed will purchase more gifts online this year compared to last year.
- 59% shop online to save time; 58% want to avoid crowds.
- 41% will purchase at least half of their holiday gifts online.
- 35% will search for gifting inspiration on Facebook.
- 43% will start browsing and buying holiday gifts in November; 4% won't finish purchasing gifts until January.
- 49% will use "buy online, pick up in store" more than last year.
- 62% will buy from new retailers they've never purchased from in the past.
Holiday 2016: Consumer Shopping Survey
We discovered what people plan to browse and buying during the 2016 holiday shopping season. In the full 21-page report, you'll learn more about where people find gifting inspiration, how they purchase gifts, and how they plan to shop during the Cyber Five (i.e., Thanksgiving through Cyber Monday). Check out what we found in the survey results.
Cyber Five 2016: Consumer Shopping Survey
People who purchased holiday gifts between Thanksgiving and Cyber Monday revealed what they thought of their online and in-store experiences. Take a look at the survey highlights to find out how shoppers felt about this year's Cyber Five.
Branding Brand is the retail industry's leading omnichannel commerce platform, powering mobile apps, sites, and in-store shopping experiences for over 200 enterprise brands. In addition to being named a Gartner "Cool Vendor" of apps, the Company is also the 2016 Forrester Wave Leader in "Mobile Commerce and Engagement Platforms."